FlutNetzCopyright: © FSD
- +49 241 80 96519
- Send Email
Improving access to medical emergencies in the event of flood disasters in Bangladesh
Project overview and goal
The FlutNetz project is committed to the sustainable improvement of emergency medical care in the event of floods in Bangladesh. This goal is to be achieved through the introduction, research and validation of new, innovative measures of prevention and therapy for those acute medical problems which cause the most deaths among the population affected by the flood: In addition to the risk of drowning or being electrocuted , a very significant risk in the event of a flood is to die from snake bite poisoning or rabies infection.
In order to be able to bring drugs such as snake venom antivenin and rabies post-exposure prophylaxis to emergency patients quickly and inexpensively, even in isolated flood areas, an unmanned flight system is to be used for the first time in Bangladesh. This medication transport system should - centrally planned and controlled - be fully integrated into the rescue chain in Bangladesh. In order to tie up as few resources as possible with the rescue services in Bangladesh, the flight planning and the flight itself should take place completely automatic. In addition to the technical control tasks to stabilize and control the FlutNetz flight system even under difficult weather conditions day and night, another focus of the work is the integration of the unmanned flight system into the medical supply chain of Bangladesh in the event of a disaster.
April 2020 to March 2023
In the course of the announcement “International Disaster and Risk Management - IKARIM” by the BMBF as part of the Federal Government's “Research for Civil Security” program.
Goethe-University Frankfurt (GU)
Institute for Socio-Ecological Research (ISOE)
- Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
- Department of Disaster Management (DDM), Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR)
- Directorate General of Medical Services (DGMS), Bangladesh Armed Forces. Ministry of Defense (MoD)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Bangladesh Armed Forces. Ministry of Defense (MoD)
- Chittagong Medical College (CMC)
- Dhaka Medical College (DMC)
- Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Tropical Medicine (BAATM)
- Toxicology Society of Bangladesh (TSB)